Sunday, February 07, 2010

A funny thing happened tonight during the super bowl. The 3 kids & I were sitting there watching The Who during the halftime show, as they did their segue from one song to the next. They came to "Won't Get Fooled Again", and about 20 seconds into it, Lewis turns to me and says, "Dada, some bosses look the same as other bosses, right?"


Pop's jaw hits floor, because they haven't sung that part of the song yet. "Lewis, do you mean 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss'?" "No." "Um, what do you mean then?" "I don't know."

They must have sung that line and I hadn't noticed it. "Did you hear that in the song?" "No." Hrm.

All I can think of is that he must have heard that song somewhere, sometime, & that line stuck with him. Lewis' memory makes steel traps look like sieves; I wouldn't doubt that he heard the song at some point a year ago and filed it away.

Watch this kid, I'm serious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home